MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Monday, December 17, 2012

#49 - Reminiscence

I look forward to the time when,
I could spend time with you again.


---


2:00 a.m. now,
Gonna go to bed after this!
Woke up in the late afternoon today,
Had a reaaaaaaaaaally good sleep!
Prepared and headed out to meet my awesome Primary School mates!

Met up with Christina at Somerset MRT,
Still as innocent and quiet as ever!
Brought her to F21 at 313 cause she didn't know how to find her way there.
Followed up with JonathanLim & YuRu there!
Made our way to Medz, 
A mediterranean restaurant.
Met YanShan and KaiYin there!
Chat for a bit then JonathanThor and DaoShen came to join the parteh!
Waited for JianZhi and as soon as he arrived we went to get dinner!

The restaurant menus had no pictures at all.
Absolutely no idea how the food looks like.
Usually people would have a gist of how it would taste just by the looks of the dish on image,
I pretty much think that it's their marketing strategy.
Everything was overpriced (because the food is just...),
And since people made their way here to dine,
Why not give it a shot?
So yes,
I placed my bet on this dish called, Escargot Paella.
Along with DaoShen with Ham & Sausage Paella,
And JianZhi with Chicken Paella.
For those who're wondering what's Paella,

-
 There are three widely known types of paella: Valencian paella (Spanish: paella valenciana), seafood paella (Spanish: paella de marisco) and mixed paella (Spanish: paella mixta), but there are many others as well. Valencian paella consists of white rice, green vegetables, meat (rabbit, chicken, duck), land snails, beans and seasoning. Seafood paella replaces meat and snails with seafood and omits beans and green vegetables. Mixed paella is a free-style combination of meat, seafood, vegetables, and sometimes beans. Most paella chefs use calasparra[2][3] or bomba[3] rices for this dish. Other key ingredients include saffron and olive oil.
-

When the food came,
It looked great.
Looked...
It had yellow rice,
Yellow as in,
Not pineapple rice but,
Mediterranean,
Soft and sticky and heavily olive-garnished rice.
Along with Red Pepper,
Olives,
PEAS, 
Yes omg PEAS,
And of course my Escargots which were not seasoned and are plain over-sized Escargots.
The rice was so bad,
Alright maybe I shouldn't say it's bad.
It's a classy restaurant for something,
Maybe it just wasn't up to our tastes.
We just had to force it down our throats,
I nearly finished it,
DaoShen couldn't with a lot left,
But JianZhi finished the whole thing what the heck.
JonThor was happily mocking us on the waste of food,
Till I gave him a little bit to try.
The cringed look he gave was priceless.
Honestly,
I don't think the restaurant is bad at all.
To be frank I'd come again to give it another shot after some research,
It was only tough luck to randomly pick something that wasn't suited for our taste buds that's all.
The Rosti with Sour Cream that the girls bought was exceptionally good!
The Pizzas looked appetizing as well,
But not filling cause of it's lack of thickness.
The way of ordering food was unique as well.
Over-the-counter order,
They give you a black circular thing that sounds when your food is ready.
Cash spent will be stored in over a card to pay upon exit!

Went for dessert after that,
Along the way TheJons left.
Was craving so much for something to cover the taste lingering inside my mouth,
Had Grass Jelly in Vanilla Cream & Ice Cream.
First time eatin',
First time lovin'.
Will look forward to bringing my girl there one day!
ChuaNa joined us in a while!
Had a long talk about my life experiences,
Sheesh,
Girls.
But well,
If there's anything my life experience will tell to others,
I'd be more than happy to pass it down to anyone!
Maybe one day I can write a biography,
Worldwide sales amounting to a billion wooooo.
Alright I'm dreaming,
Too tired LOL.
Had a lot of camwhoring there,
Almost looked like crazy bunch of kids when others stared at us.

Decided to leave for Toa Payoh after.
Train was sooooooooo packed.
(Reminds me of me saving someone from the grasp of the mrt doors!)
Went to buy Grass Jelly Milk Tea from KOI upon reaching,
Christina left us!
Along with DaoShen.
Then everyone went on their separate ways!

- To My Pri.School Friends:
       It's been quite some time since we've met, I missed you peeps! Really brings back lots of memories seeing all your faces! Some changed, Some didn't, but we're still who we are. It's surprising how we're still tied together with a knot despite the different journeys we route. It's really been an enjoyable day out with you peeps. All the laughter, All the talks, All the funny things we do. I know we're friends and it's kinda weird for me to be so formal in this thing, but I felt that I've to say this somehow. People come and go who knows we'll lose someone in an instant. (It's just a figure of speech I don't mean it!) I'm a very straightforward person regarding my thoughts as well so, yeap! I'm happy today, it's been long since I've had such a good time with my old friends! Hope we'll have the chance to experience this unique togetherness we have together in the future, fate will decide! Thanks for the awesome day out  : > .
-

The road home was unusually quiet and peaceful,
I slowed my pace and started reminiscing.
All the times I spent with her,
I miss them.
Then I looked up at the sky,
I saw a plane,
Flying across with a trail of graceful tailwind,
Slowly disappearing from sight.
I wonder how's she fending out in the faraway land.
How I wish I could be by her side.
Days at home have been rather quiet without her.
I miss her.
Aish.
I just finished a bit of gaming,
Gonna go get some sleep.
Love the holidays,
The long hours of sleep I get is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,
Awesome.
Alright time to go,
Ciao peeps,
Have a great day ahead!

 P.S I really really miss you, 
          -      A hell lot.

Signing Off.

No comments:

Post a Comment